Today would have been my Dad's 64th birthday, it would also have been his first birthday as a Grandpa. I STILL cannot believe he's not here for that. We miss him dearly and wanted to share his memory and what today meant. I know he was here with us in spirit, as usual. I treasure that thought and keep him with me always. However, not one visit to Hallmark do I not look at the 'Father' or 'Grandfather' section and think of Dad and what fun (and who) we are all missing out on.
Yesterday was McKinley's 6 month appointment. It went very well! He had his 3rd round of vaccinations which he, thankfully handled really well. The doctor said McKinley is in the 75th percentile all around and she was very pleased with his progress. We were given the go-ahead for 2nd foods (thicker purees and mixed flavors) and next month we can try the fun little melty puffs!
Here are his stats for 6 months:
Weight: 19.75 lbs
Height: 27 inches
Birth stats:
Weight: 7 lbs 11 oz.
Height: 20 inches
We completely understand the term 'growing like a weed'.
Finally, our big news for the week: we got a new fridge! Whoo hoo! Its too cool, and yes...I just called a fridge "cool". Its the kind that has the freezer on the bottom, fridge on top. LOVE IT!
Cary and I say that you know you've been officially domesticated when you get excited over a fridge, or any other household appliance, for that matter. When we got our new dishwasher last year we were practically giddy!
Oh, by the way...to toot our horns...the cool fridge is even cooler because it is an energy star appliance (meaning it #1 costs MUCH less to run than a non-energy star appliance and #2 takes MUCH less energy to run). Good for the environment AND attractive in our kitchen. How good is that?!
You gotta remember, sometimes it is the little things in life...right?
Have a great weekend.
Lynn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment