OHMYGOSH. I finally did it! I finally made McKinley laugh! He laughs ALL the time, for his Daddy...but just hasn't given up that bubbly little giggle for Mommy. Well, tonight during his bath HE LAUGHED FOR ME!
When we give him baths, we alwasy try to switch up his toys a little, to break the monotony. He loves all his bath toys (especially the water book we picked out for him for Christmas-he SCREAMS when we take it away to get him out of the tub), and I think its partially because we do switch them. Anyway, I chose these cute little squirty toys that we registered for back in the preggy days. They're very cute, 'water' animals and babies (seahorse and baby, penguin and baby, etc.), well I picked up the pelican and baby, filled it with water and squirted it against the 'wall' of McKinley's baby tub. As you can imagine, it made a funny squeeky, squirty noise and before I had time to comprehend what was happening McKinley was in a full-throttle laugh. You know, the kind where you are sucking in air real fast and it makes noise too and your whole face squishes in a wide smile? OHMYGOSH, how cute was that? Tears immediately sprang to my eyes, I called for Cary. He was just as surprised as I was, he has never previously laughed THIS much! He kept it up for quite a while while we played with him and boy, the tears were rollin'!
Between the raspberries and standing (do you believe it?) and now the laugh...I don't think I can contain my extra levels of emotion hormones! Hahahaha!
It was precious, can't wait until he does it again.
Lynn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment