I fondly remember fort-building...I had a canopy bed that begged for a blanket to be draped from the four posters. Often I threw them up and over, linking to any piece of furniture or tall item that might add some height and off I went into another world. So, when McKinley began expressing an interest in forts I was all about it.
Today I promised McKinley a little surprise after he picked up his toys and went forward constructing two forts in his room. He loved it. Played inside for quite a while. When bedtime came he asked if he could sleep in the fort. Cary and I both agreed but didn't think it would fly.
We were wrong!
Cary put him to bed while I fed Jackson, when I peeked around the corner I was so surprised to find McKinley sound asleep inside his little fort...toys and books all around him. The picture of childhood.
I love it.
Lynn
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment