Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Three Valentines...

Today I took my Mom and my two LITTLE Valentines to the airport to drop Mom off for her next jaunt abroad.  When she was safely inside the airport McKinley and I were pretty hungry and I was sure Jackson would be ready for that bottle soon enough, so I decided it was time to try out my mother-of-two skills by having lunch, sit-down style.  I'm not big on drive thru food, and there are a plethora of our favorite quick food restaurants nearby, so let's do it!  Noodles & Company sounded perfect, McKinley sat across from me and used chop sticks with the chop stick helper for his Macaroni & Cheese.  Jackson was nestled beside me in his car seat carrier while I ate, then it was his turn.  The whole adventure went off without a hitch.  Hey, five and a half weeks post-partum?  Not bad! 
When we got home in the late afternoon I toodled around in the kitchen when all three of my boys came around the corner carrying a rose (okay, well, Cary was carrying Jackson's because he was asleep and he's only 5 weeks old...but still, it was a moment).  One red, one pink, one yellow.  And cards.  I've got more handsome Valentines than I did when I was 16 years old (and let me tell you...that was quite a year...).  I am completely surrounded by love...and loving it.
Tomorrow Cary and I celebrate 13 years together...it's amazing to look back on the beginning and to be living in the middle of a sweet little family now. 
I love my boys...all three of them!
Lynn

No comments: