Today we received some sad news. Cary's beloved Mamaw has passed. She hasn't been well for a long time but she was so strong through her battle with dementia. Mamaw adored Cary and all of her grandchildren. Ever since I met Cary I've heard funny stories of Cary and Mamaw's relationship and the things she did for him. She threw him pitches in the back yard rain or shine, heat and snow. She lovingly washed the uniforms - scrubbed stains out with a tooth brush. She made pie after pie, and none since have lived up to hers in Cary's eyes. She wasn't keen on the idea of Cary's permanent move to the Haute, therefore she wasn't exactly keen on me for a while. Understandably, my Grandpa was never keen on any boy I dated (though he never met Cary...). She eventually came around to the idea and after we were married she was immediately asking for Great Grandchildren from us. When McKinley was born she was quite taken by him, and he was quite taken by her as well. He was drawn to her. I remember it brought tears to my eyes to see them together. She was too deep in her dementia to know about the baby, but we know she will always be with us and her Great Grandsons in spirit.
Cary, his brother and cousins are all so very, very lucky to have the gift of a Grandmother well into adulthood. Some of his cousins are in their 50's and are Grandparents themselves! It doesn't quell the grief, but I do hope it gives them some consolation to know they were so blessed.
Today I'm praying for my husband and so very sorry for his loss.
I love him with all my heart and wish I could take away his pain.
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment