Sunday, September 4, 2011

Take a little trip...

We recently found out that we are having a girl, so what better way to get 'geared' up in pink (because everything we have for a baby is blue!) than to hit one of our favorite outlets...the one with Pottery Barn. Enough said.

We hit the road for a little trip across the border into Ohio for the weekend. It was a quiet trip, the best part about the drive was the horses...we were behind a truck pulling a horse trailer. I noticed right away that the trailer's windows were open, which I found odd. Then suddenly, out pops a horse head! Then another! Then another! And just as quickly as they'd appeared, the went right back inside, like a turtle hiding in its shell. Then, as we are getting closer, all three horses pop their heads out the windows again! In unison! And back in! In unison! This continued for so long that Cary and I both were laughing hysterically, so much so that I had tears rolling down my face. I quickly grabbed my phone to take a picture and could barely hold still enough to snap one. We could not stop laughing. McKinley was in the back seat begging to know what was so funny, but we were laughing so hard we couldn't even explain until we were side-by-side with the horses, who were still doing their funny head popping game. We drove beside them for a while, laughing hysterically, as we finally passed the truck we discovered the driver was laughing just as hard as we were and waved. Those horses were so happy and just precious, it was such a good laugh for us all.

We settled in for an evening of swimming and a fun dinner together despite the yucky, cold rain. It was a nice evening, we got rested up for a whole day of shopping the following morning. For some reason the weather wasn't so nice to us, it was really cold. Low 40's and we were unprepared. Fortunately I purchased a maternity coat while we were shopping and we were able to let McKinley use the coat to bundle up. It was a funny sight but man am I glad we had it!
By the time we had to head home we were all really ready to crawl into the warm car with some hot chocolate and hit the road. We had a super fun getaway and enjoyed some relaxation time together.

Lynn

No comments: