I brought along some glow necklaces for the kids and Robin brought some American flags, the kids loved their little goodies as they sat in the hatch of the Douglas' SUV or our truck bed.
When it came time for the fireworks I took a break and sat in the hatch myself, I needed a little break. I looked at my family and friends and realized just how much our lives have all grown since our first time on the roof. Every person in front of me had a child in their arms! Except me, which I pointed out, because it seemed so funny! Robin quietly reminded me that I DID have a child on my person, just as every one else...he or she just isn't here yet!
That's right, next year we will each have our own child to hold in our arms. How fun will that be?!?!
What an awesome 4th of July!
Lynn








No comments:
Post a Comment