
Another fun trip to the zoo! This time we briefly met up with my friend Kylie and her two boys. They had a blast in the splash park, which was perfect because it was a HOT, HOT day! When I pulled my camera from my bag I bumped the setting, didn't have time to check because I was trying to capture some real cuteness, so the photos of the boys ended up blue! Honestly, kind of a cool mistake!


Kylie and company left shortly after the splashing, but McKinley and I stayed to close the place down...surprise, surprise! We had so much fun together and even stopped off and had dinner in Plainfield at Panda Express, a favorite of ours. It was great to spend a little time with friends and even more fun to spend such a great day with my boy.
This was the first time since the new Tiger exhibit opened that we had a chance to visit and were we treated with a sight! Several tigers were up close and personal with us, much like the Cheetah exhibit. We even saw a Tiger stretch all the way up (and trust me, it was at least 8 feet worth of stretching...vertically) right beside the viewing glass. Another tiger took a drink from the stream, and another tiger paced back and forth checking out each person viewing. Very interesting, and a little freaky too...
And of course, no zoo trip is complete without at least one ride on the train!
Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment