MCKINLEY POOPIED IN THE POTTY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!
And I even took a picture of it...ala Kate from J&K+8. lol I know, it's gross - I guess I just got caught up in the moment. I promise to NOT show that to his girlfriends when he brings them home to meet me...well, maybe. Hee hee hee.
Per my husband's request, I will not be posting poopie pictures on here (McKinley, thank your Daddy!). Yes, I recognize that would certainly be taking it all too far.
Cary totally gets the credit for introducing McKinley's precious potty bench (by Boon, inc) to him one evening while I was at a sorority meeting. In that short night he'd shown McKinley all the basics of coming in, closing the door, opening the lid, doing your business and then saying, 'bye bye' to said business (the potty bench doesn't flush, so he had to come up with something! hahaha). A few months ago we brought out the potty bench because McKinley started telling us when he had to go to the bathroom. We were pretty surprised that this was happening so quickly, so we both figured we'd give it a shot, because...well, why not? We've both been working on explaning what 'goes' in the potty and further discussing the specifics of the whole ordeal with McKinley.
Tonight, as we were getting him ready for his bath we noticed a look...we all know that look. So Cary said, 'Do you have to go poopie? Go sit on your potty!' We all three stood in the bathroom, Cary and I chatting as McKinley sat like a good boy. Cary even said, "Huh, wouldn't it be funny if he really did go to the bathroom?", when suddenly he stood up and Cary yelped, 'He pooped!' I thought he was teasing, so I looked too.....and started screaming - which concerned McKinley, greatly. Then I started clapping and jumping up and down and cheering, which prompted much laughter from our sweet boy. I ran for a treat and told him what a good boy he was!
So begins a new chapter in our lives. I'll be picking up some pull ups and 20 month old appropriate 'potty training treats' tomorrow while errand running. I can hardly believe this is happening! I'm so excited for McKinley, what a big boy step!
Yay for the big boy! Yay for POOPIE IN THE POTTY!
Lynn
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment