.jpg)
Just returned home from a lovely surprise getaway planned for Cary by yours truly. I've been planning this little getaway for a long time to celebrate 10 years together.
Cary and I met the day AFTER Valentine's Day 1999. I was working at the fine jewelry department of L.S.Ayres (now Macy's) when this very handsome young man walked by. I literally can picture that very second. A few minutes later I noticed him again in the Ralph Lauren section in front of my counter. Uh huh...his head would pop up and glance my way and he would catch me looking. So early-20's of us, isn't it?
Finally, the handsome stranger made his way over and simply asked, "Do you know Chrissy?" Chrissy is a long-time bff of mine and co-worker at the time, she is still very much a part of our lives and will forever be credited for bringing us together...well, Chrissy AND God that is.
I offered to let Cary write Chrissy a note, telling him that she would be working soon and I would be glad to give her a message. He left. I called Chrissy and said, "Who is the hot guy?". Chrissy called Cary-who said, "Who is the hot girl?". Chrissy met us at the mall and officially introduced us. Heck she even made us hug. lol
So not normal for boy-time, but Cary literally called me that evening. We made plans to go out two days later. We never looked back. It has been an amazing journey so far and I can only imagine what the next decade will bring us!
Some of my surprises didn't work out for our big getaway (had to cancel the treasure hunt and we ended up bringing McKinley with us overnight due to Cary's Grandmother being put in the hospital) but it didn't matter, we had so much fun together reminiscing and going to some of Cary's favorite haunts from childhood.
We ate at the famous Pizzeria (as seen in the movie Breaking Away), visited the campus of I.U. and shared a lovely glass of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our hotel room - okay, well McKinley did NOT participate in that last bit. He was fast asleep.
The next day we had a lovely lunch at a local Italian restaurant on the square and shortly headed home.
We had a wonderful weekend of celebrating!
Lynn
Below are some fun pictures of McKinley opening his Valentine from Mommy & Daddy.
Opening his Valentines from loved ones from his Valentine Mailbox and his gifts from Mommy & Daddy.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)








No comments:
Post a Comment