Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Big 3-0

Well, my birthday came and went all too quickly. I had such a wonderful day! Mom and Cary...and McKinley, of course threw an awesome surprise party for me. I had no idea. No kidding. I got suspicious a few times, but was very quickly thrown. Trust me, when I heard the many voices singing, "Happy Birthday to You" in unison on the rooftop terrace of the restaurant...well, I was just very surprised.
The funniest thing was, we pulled up to meet my Mom for lunch at this great new place that I really like. As I'm getting all of the McKinley stuff out of the car I heard the singing and thought...what the? I looked up and saw Mom's and Jodi's faces and then all of these other heads started popping up from the terrace and the crowd grew and grew. It was HILARIOUS.
It was so nice to have some of my friends and some family to share the day with. I got to see some faces I had not seen in a long time, and the best part was everyone knows everyone now! I love that.
Mom and Cary put all this together...sneaky little things...they sent out invitations and emails without me being any the wiser. I didn't think I'd be that easy to fool.
I loved all the decorations they put together, the personalized M&M favors...in purple, of course and even the crazy-giant b-day hat, sunglasses and #30 lei they made me wear. It was pretty funny.
What a fun day!
I put together a slide show to make it easier to share all my pictures. With my lack of updating, I figured it would be easiest to share them that way.
To being THIRTY AND THRILLING!
Lynn

No comments: