The birthday party was great, McKinley managed to entertain all the women with his storytelling-it was precious. I hope to put video of the celebration on here soon. Stay tuned!
Saturday, in an effort to FULLY enjoy Cary's 3-day weekend, we headed WAY up to Michigan City for some early holiday shopping and another little getaway. McKinley did beautiful on the 3+ hour drive and was the perfect angel for the entire trip - including sleeping in his pack-n-play in a hotel again. He is such a good baby, but truth be told, I think he'd be good anywhere as long as he's with his Mommy & Daddy. Don't tell him I said so!
We had a lovely time up north and took full advantage of what looks to be the last weekend of 'summery' weather. It was GORGEOUS!
On Sunday we headed out to finish up some more pre-season Christmas shopping and then headed home. We were fortunate enough to meet up with Vanessa (McKinley's Godmother) and Lila (see 'McKinley's first friend' post) for dinner. It was so good to see them again! Its been great being able to get together so many times this year. The distance hinders how often we spend time together, but both families being blessed with babies this year has afforded us lots of visits (well...babies and the Vera Bradley outlet sale of course!).
Monday brought a sad day to our family. My Godmother, Diane lost her mother last week. Monday was her funeral and memorial service. Imogene touched many lives in her 84 years and she will be missed. I have many fond memories of visits to Morris & Imogene's during the holidays to see my 'extended family'. Never will forget the Christmas that Diane & Brent gave me a Cabbage Patch Kid. Those were coveted items back then-people FOUGHT to get them. Diane pulled the box from under the tree, started to hand it to me and I started SCREAMING at the top of my lungs. For some reason I felt the need to RUN through the house shouting, "Its a CABBAGE PATCH! Its a CABBAGE PATCH!" During my outburst Imogene just laughed and laughed and laughed! Everyone thought the funniest part was the fact that I knew that it was a Cabbage Patch Kid without unwrapping the UPSIDE DOWN box! I think I truly amazed that woman that day!
Our hearts are with my Godparents and family through their grief. We love you guys. It is not easy losing a parent, no matter the age or circumstance. Please note the addition of the link to the Alzheimer's Association right here on our blog, in memory of Imogene. Check it out and donate toward research of this awful disease.
We had McKinley's THREE MONTH professional pictures taken last week. CANNOT believe he is THREE MONTHS OLD!!!! HELLO??? We should have the pictures back late next week-can't wait to share! They turned out beautifully, he gave his sweet, gummy smile for all but one picture. Even the photographer was amazed. He is a happy baby!
Next week marks the FINAL week of these two crazy online classes I'm taking. Good riddance, I say. Now, just one more silly ART class that has NOTHING to do with a degree in management. Wish me luck, I might graduate before I'm 30! Hee hee hee!
Next week also brings my favorite 'holiday'. I love Halloween! It will be even better now that we have someone other than the cats to dress up. Anyone up for a Trick-or-Treat?!
I won't share what McKinley will 'be' for his first Halloween-its a surprise. I can promise he WILL be very handsome! In the meantime, here are some ADORABLE pictures we took at home.
Enjoy!
Lynn

Colts fan!!!!

The full view of our little sleeping pumpkin








No comments:
Post a Comment